By Bo Bertelsen, COO at EazyProject
Time recording is not just time recording
It can go horribly wrong and get expensive if you don’t spend a little time finding the right solution. We feel that our customers are switching to EazyProject because their existing system does not live up to their expectations.
The new IT system must address the company’s challenges in everyday life.
I often hear that:
- The system we use now, you have to click around a lot, just to create a case.
- The system was sold on resource management, but it is not just a tap, tap, tap.
- There is no intelligence in the reports, so we have 100 different ones to choose from and it is difficult to remember / find the right one.
- Users spend oceans of time recording and the app does not work.
- We need to look for the information, rather than getting it fed.
Many of the annoyances can be avoided by just spending some time at an early stage. It is not enough just to think that because other companies use an IT system, it is also the right one for you.
The new system must address the company’s challenges in everyday life. The features must be easily accessible, the records must be accurate and the data must be exportable, and give a broad overview of both finances, projects, employees and resources.
5 good tips before choosing a new system
#1 Find out what challenges you face
#2 What are your needs and requirements for the new system
#3 Spend time researching the market – Read references
#4 Investigate the company behind the selected system and get in touch
And most importantly …
#5 Be sure to test the new system well and thoroughly in relation to your challenges and needs.